Converting wooden shed into a cooking area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting wooden shed into a cooking area

Is it possible to convert a wooden shed into a cooking area? One year back, I bought a wooden shed from Kitchener. But during that time, I didn't think about this. Last day, I saw my neighbor converting his shed to a gym room. If it is possible to convert a shed to gym room, then why should I change my wooden shed into a cooking area? I am interested in experimenting new recipes. My kids and husband encourage me to cook. I usually experiment more in baking cakes. If I get a proper place to cook, I can experiment more. My kitchen is so small and I find it difficult to cook. So I would like to know the possibility of considering a wooden shed as a kitchen.
    My friend appreciated me for this idea. He told me that since it was a wooden shed, and we should have to use fire, there is a chance of burning. Now I am little confused with his point. If so, I am planning to replace it with a brick shed. What is your opinion?

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, you can absolutely convert a shed into an extra kitchen space. Depending on your climate, you might want to consider insulating the shed. Keep in mind, if the shed is not insulated, it will be harder to start a cold stove in a cold building. However, overall that is pretty minor. You have no concern with putting a wood cook stove into a wood shed, as long as you abide by the required clearances to combustibles on the stove. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service to you.

Comment

Working...
    X