The Cookstove Community Forum is a place for anyone who is enthusiastic about cookstoves and self-sufficient lifestyles to come together and share their thoughts on a variety of topics. We want this to be a place where everyone feels at home, regardless of race, politics, or beliefs. As long-time cookstove users ourselves, we’ve found that most people who share our passion are just regular folks who like good conversation and aren’t interested in stirring up trouble. That being said, we do have a few guidelines in place that we ask all users to keep in mind while posting.
1. No personal attacks. If somebody shares an opinion you disagree with, be respectful in your discussion of it. Do not insult, belittle, or degrade other members.
2. No trolling. Trolling is the act of making inflammatory remarks with the sole intention of inciting controversy, and we do not tolerate it.
3. No spamming. If you make a post, please be sure it contributes to the discussion. If you start a topic, ask yourself: “Is this going to invite discussion?”
4. No unsolicited advertising. While we sincerely encourage all users to share their opinions- good or bad- of any dealers or products on the market, we ask that any linking to a seller/company be done only when relevant to a discussion. If you create or sell stove-related products it’s ok to share that, as long as you are up front about your involvement with said product and participate in the forum in other meaningful ways.
5. Treat others how you wish to be treated. It’s one of the oldest rules in the book, but sometimes the anonymity of the internet makes us forget that the users we see online are real people. Treat them with the decency you would in real life, and we’ll all have a good time.
That’s all! Happy posting.