All About Chimneys
Chimney maintenance is extremely important for anyone operating a cookstove or woodstove, and with these videos, we will help you be sure your chimney is as safe as possible by taking a look at installation, maintenance, and more.
- Solid Fuel Chimney PipeIn this video, Sarah from Obadiah's breaks down the basics behind chimney pipe: What kind you should use, the benefits of double versus single wall pipe, clearance to combustibles, how to properly take advantage of elbow pipe, and more!When To Use 30 Degree Chimney PipeSarah from Obadiah's shows you the pros and cons of using a 30 degree chimney pipe elbow. A 30 degree elbow can be a great solution for many installations and has advantages over the common 90 degree elbow, but as Sarah explains, it is best used only in specific circumstances.
- How to Install Class A Solid Fuel Chimney Pipe at a 30 Degree AngleWoody walks you through what he did to install a Class A Solid Fuel Chimney Pipe at an angle in a way that's both safe and effective, making use of Obadiah's 30 degree pipe.
- The Benefits of a 30 Degree Angle Installation with Class A Solid Fuel Chimney PipeWoody explains the issues with cresote build-up in Class A chimney pipe installations that use 90 degree angles, and how Obadiah's unique 30 degree chimney pipe and wall thimble can be a solution for your home.
- Boss of the Swamp: Woodstove & Chimney Maintenance (Pt. I)The Boss gives you some simple, life-saving tips on chimney maintenance.
- Obadiah's: How to Clean a ChimneyObadiah's Woody Chain gives you some tips on how to properly clean a chimney from below, where it is warm and safe.The Baker's Oven/Vermont Bun Baker - Cleaning & Preparing The ChimneyWoody Chain and Cassey Dare show you how to prepare your chimney for installing a draw collar using DVL 6" pipe on the Baker's Oven/Vermont Bun Baker, as well as give a few pointers on the best way to clean your chimney from the bottom.
- The Baker's Oven/Vermont Bun Baker - The Draw Collar, Part IIn this video, Obadiah's Woody Chain and Cassey Dare show you how to assemble the Double Wall DVL Chimney, and look at how you can increase your draft by using a draw collar.The Baker's Oven/Vermont Bun Baker - The Draw Collar, Part IIWoody Chain demonstrates how hot the Draw Collar gets and how quickly it can produce a draft, using a Vermont Bun Baker (recently converted from a Baker's Oven). He's then joined by Cassey Dare as they go over some pointers on how to make the most of a draw collar.
- The Esse Ironheart - Draw Collar Draft InducerWoody Chain looks at the Draw Collar Draft Inducer on an ESSE Ironheart Wood Cook Stove. With the unique chimney access door on the Ironheart Cooker, we can easily demonstrate how well the Draw Collar really works.
- The Esse Ironheart - The Firebox and Fire Starting TipsObadiah's Woody Chain looks at the ESSE Ironheart firebox and the controls to operate the stove, then shows you a few tricks in lighting an Ironheart Cooker.
- Metal Roof Chimney FlashingCasey Dare show's you the proper way to install a chimney flashing in a metal roof so it will never leak.
- Chimney Liner Installation Part I - Preparing the LinerWoody Chain and company show you how to prepare a chimney liner for installation. Here we show you what the liner kit may look like and what could be in your box depending on the specific installation you're after.
- Chimney Liner Installation Part 3 - Connecting the Liner & Damper InsulationHaving put the liner down the flue, Woody Chain from Obadiah's shows you how to seal off the damper where the liner passes through...