All About Chimneys
Chimney maintenance is extremely important for anyone operating a cookstove or woodstove, and with these videos, we will help you be sure your chimney is as safe as possible by taking a look at installation, maintenance, and more.
- How to Match Your Chimney Pipe for Correct Replacement PartsObadiah's Sarah Chain explains why it's important to match your new piece of chimney pipe with the same type as your original, and in the case of double wall pipe, the brand as well.Choosing your Chimney location - Pros/Cons of Different Solid Fuel Chimney InstallationsObadiah's Sarah Chain discusses how to install your chimney in the most economical location. There are only a few circumstances where you want to do an installation that is not straight up and down, but rather a thru the wall installation.
- How To Properly Install Long Chimney PipeWe take a look at a chimney installation in a two-story household. When installing a long chimney pipe, it's important to properly support the pipe, consider where the seams are, and seal the top.
- When To Use 30 Degree Chimney PipeSarah from Obadiah's shows you the pros and cons of using a 30 degree chimney pipe elbow. A 30 degree elbow can be a great solution for many installations and has advantages over the common 90 degree elbow, but as Sarah explains, it is best used only in specific circumstances.
- How to Assemble The Chimney Cap and Pipe BandsWoody from Obadiah's Woodstoves explains how to assemble the chimney cap in Obadiah's chimney pipe kits, and then offers some pointers on how to properly attach pipe bands.
- Obadiah's Chimney PipeWoody Chain from Obadiah's Woodstove's heads to the factory and gives you the details on what makes our chimney pipe the best on the market.
- The Baker's Oven/Vermont Bun Baker - Cleaning & Preparing The ChimneyWoody Chain and Cassey Dare show you how to prepare your chimney for installing a draw collar using DVL 6" pipe on the Baker's Oven/Vermont Bun Baker, as well as give a few pointers on the best way to clean your chimney from the bottom.
- The Baker's Oven/Vermont Bun Baker - The Draw Collar, Part IIWoody Chain demonstrates how hot the Draw Collar gets and how quickly it can produce a draft, using a Vermont Bun Baker (recently converted from a Baker's Oven). He's then joined by Cassey Dare as they go over some pointers on how to make the most of a draw collar.
- The Heartland Elmira Oval Cookstove - Installation Part 2 - The ChimneyMany wood fired cook stoves have a 7" oval chimney that can be very tricky to install properly, and we show you how to do it correctly using a 7" Oval to 7" Round Offset Adaptor.
- Protecting a Chimney From Deep SnowObadiah's Cassey Dare and Woody chain show you how to protect your expensive chimney with a Snow Break that acts like the bow of a boat and cuts the sliding snow like a knife, saving your chimney from being flattened by snow.
- Chimney Liner Installation - Chimneys 101Woody Chain takes a look at a chimney to show you what to look for while inspecting it.
- Chimney Liner Installation Part 2 - Inserting the LinerWoody Chain and company install a chimney liner system. We show you what to look for when you inspect your chimney, how to get it ready to slide down your flue for connection to the fireplace insert...