Cleaning and Repairing Cookstoves
Cleaning and repairing your cookstove is a vital part of having one in your home. In these videos, Obadiah’s shows you some tips and tricks for cleaning and repairing that will help you stay burning and cooking for years to come.
- The Esse Ironheart - Installing The Refractory and BaffleGetting the refactory into an Esse Ironheart can be a headache, but Obadiah's shows you how to best go about it. Here we demonstrate the proper order of operations, as well as how to be careful that you don't hurt yourself or any of the components.The Esse Ironheart - How To Remove The RefractoryWoody from Obadiah's shows you how to remove the refractory from your Esse Ironheart. In order to properly get to the refractory you will first need to get to the baffle, which Woody demonstrates how to do safely while showing you a few other handy tricks.
- Concept 2 Wood Cookstove - Replacing the Latch and GasketsWoody from Obadiah's digs into the ABC Concept 2 wood cookstove. The Concept 2's door frame features a latching mechanism (wrist pin) that could potentially fracture, and Woody shows you how to go about repairing it if that should happen.
- Removing Tape From a Stove TopAnyone that's bought a cookstove knows that unpacking one and getting it ready for use presents some unique challenges. One of the most common issues is cleaning off the tape and coating applied to cooktops prior to shipping to protect the stove from damage during transit.
- The Esse Ironheart - Replacing Hinges and LatchesAre you burn times suffering with your ESSE Ironheart? Perhaps you need to adjust your latch and hinges. In this video, Obadiah's Woody Chain shows you how to make key adjustments to your stove in order to get the best performance out of it.Restoring a Cookstove CooktopWoody goes over the process involved in restoring your cookstove's cooktop (seen here on a Kitchen Queen 380), walking you step by step so you can have professional results too. Woody shows you the proper way to grind, sand, and use your tools in order to best restore your own stove.
- The Esse Ironheart - Cleaning A Wood Cook StoveObadiah's Woodstoves shows you how to properly clean the creosote out of your Ironheart wood cook stove, then demonstrates how to add a gasket to the oven so it will remain air tight.