Cleaning and Repairing Cookstoves
Cleaning and repairing your cookstove is a vital part of having one in your home. In these videos, Obadiah’s shows you some tips and tricks for cleaning and repairing that will help you stay burning and cooking for years to come.
- Firebelly Razen Wood Cook Stove - Replacing the Door Glass with Door InstalledSarah and Woody from Obadiah's Woodstoves demonstrate how to properly replace the door glass on a Firebelly Razen wood cook stove, while the door is installed on the stove (we show you how to do it with the door removed in another video).
- How to Prevent Dirty Woodstove GlassSarah from Obadiah's explains what causes woodstove glass to get dirty and how to prevent it with better log placement and preparation. a few simple tricks.
- Supreme Duet See-Thru Fireplace - Glass CleaningKeeping your fireplace's glass clean doesn't have to be a chore, and Sarah from Obadiah's shows you how easy it is in this video.The Esse Ironheart - Installing The Refractory and BaffleGetting the refactory into an Esse Ironheart can be a headache, but Obadiah's shows you how to best go about it. Here we demonstrate the proper order of operations, as well as how to be careful that you don't hurt yourself or any of the components.
- The Esse Ironheart - How To Remove The RefractoryWoody from Obadiah's shows you how to remove the refractory from your Esse Ironheart. In order to properly get to the refractory you will first need to get to the baffle, which Woody demonstrates how to do safely while showing you a few other handy tricks.
- Concept 2 Wood Cookstove - Re-Attaching The Stove DoorWoody talks about furnace cement and how it can be applied in place of a gasket, and offers some advice on how to get the stove door back on the unit once you're finished.Removing Tape From a Stove TopAnyone that's bought a cookstove knows that unpacking one and getting it ready for use presents some unique challenges. One of the most common issues is cleaning off the tape and coating applied to cooktops prior to shipping to protect the stove from damage during transit.
- The Esse Ironheart - The HobWatch as Obadiah's Woody Chain shows you how to tell if your ESSE Ironheart is burning correctly by looking under the cast iron hob.
- Restoring a Cookstove CooktopWoody goes over the process involved in restoring your cookstove's cooktop (seen here on a Kitchen Queen 380), walking you step by step so you can have professional results too. Woody shows you the proper way to grind, sand, and use your tools in order to best restore your own stove.
- Firebrick ReplacementWoody Chain shows you how to replace firebrick in a wood cook stove. Replacing the firebrick is particularly tricky in a Flame View stove, so we show you the tricks to removing and replacing it.