European cookstoves have a flair that you won’t find anywhere else in the world, and for good reason: Many of these manufactured are inspired by a lineage of wood heat and cooking that dates back hundreds of years. These cookstoves are made by some of the finest engineers in the industry with an eye towards quality cooking.
- La Nordica - Suprema Cookstove (Progetto Fuoco Verona 2018)Sarah looks at the Suprema, now available in a beautiful flat matte tortora color.La Nordica - Rosa XXL Cookstove (Progetto Fuoco Verona 2018)Sarah looks at the Rosa XXL, which features one of the largest baking ovens from La Nordica and on the cookstove market at large.
- La Nordica - Rosa Maiolica XXL Cookstove (Progetto Fuoco Verona 2018)Sarah looks at the Rosa Maiolica XXL cookstove, one of La Nordica's most beautiful stoves that is only recently available in North America. The XXL's main attraction is its large oven, featuring five levels of oven racks and enough space to cook even a full-sized turkey!La Nordica - Rosa L Cookstove (Progetto Fuoco Verona 2018)Sarah takes a brief look at the Rosa L, part of La Nordica's beautiful Rosa line of cookstoves.
- La Nordica - Mamy Cookstove (Progetto Fuoco Verona 2018)Sarah looks at the Mamy, which features La Nordica's signature removable rings above the firebox and oven, a center flue, and a unique glass door design.La Nordica - America Cookstove (Progetto Fuoco Verona 2018)Sarah from Obadiah's travels to the Progetto Fuoco Verona 2018 Italian hearth show and checks out the only La Nordica cookstove to feature a steel grate in the firebox, a truly unique feature that allows for cooking directly in the firebox.
- Cooking with the De Manincor Domino 8 Maxi CookstoveThe De Manincor Domino 8 Maxi Cookstove utilizes a combination of old world craftsmanship and European contemporary design, making for a modern cookstove that is as elegant as it is functional.Cookstove Comparison - Wittus de Manincor Domino Maxi 8 vs La Nordica Rosa MaiolicaObadiah's Woody Chain and New Zealand's Jason Stewart "The Firemaster", inventor of the IntensiFire, explore the details behind the De Manincor Domino Maxi 8 wood cookstove and see how it stacks up against the La Nordica Rosa, another fine Italian stove with a lot to offer.
- La Nordica Italy - The DetailsObadiah's team members about the details behind the La Nordica Italy that seperate it from the other stoves in the La Nordica line, including it's unique draft control design that allows for much hotter burns than we initially suspected.La Nordica Suprema - ReviewObadiah's Woody Chain reviews the La Nordica Suprema. The Suprema's looks make it a beautiful stove, but the design really puts some brains behind the beauty.
- La Nordica Rosa - The Firebox & First BurnObadiah's Woody Chain shows you the La Nordica Rosa's firebox and what you can expect from your first burn, plus some tips on how to maintain a fire in this fine Italian stove.
- Concept 2 Air Mini Wood Cookstove - First BurnSarah from Obadiah's shows off the Concept 2 Air Mini Wood Cookstove, one of the smallest cookstoves on the market. Don't let its size fool you though, this cookstove still packs a solid 35,000 BTU output.North Wood Cookstove - The First BurnSarah from Obadiah's talks about what you can expect from the North Wood Cookstove during your first burn, and then walks you through the burning process itself.
- The North Wood Cookstove - ReviewSarah from Obadiah's Woodstoves checks out the North Wood Cookstove, a robust import cookstove with a spacious oven and a firebox capable of putting out a solid amount of heat (31,000+ BTUs!).The Concept 2 Air Wood Cookstove - ReviewSarah from Obadiah's takes a look at the Concept 2 Air Wood Cookstove, a full size cookstove that can burn either wood or coal and explores the differences between the regular model and the hydro model.
- Concept 2 Wood Cookstove - Re-Attaching The Stove DoorIn part two of our series on the ABC Concept 2 wood cookstove, Woody talks about furnace cement and how it can be applied in place of a gasket, and offers some advice on how to get the stove door back on the unit once you're finished.Concept 2 Wood Cookstove - Replacing the Latch and GasketsThe Concept 2's door frame features a latching mechanism (wrist pin) that could potentially fracture, and Woody shows you how to go about repairing it if that should happen.
- ABC Hydro Concept 2 - The BasicsWoody from Obadiah's shows you the Concept 2 Hydro, the excellent wood boiler cookstove hybrid from ABC.
- The Esse Ironheart - Installing The Refractory and BaffleGetting the refactory into an Esse Ironheart can be a headache, but Obadiah's shows you how to best go about it.
- The Esse Ironheart - Extended Woodbox and Burn TimesObadiah's Woody Chain shows you the difference it makes having the extended woodbox on the Esse Ironheart, from the amount of wood you can fit in to the length of the burn time.
- The Esse Ironheart - Replacing Hinges and LatchesObadiah's Woody Chain shows you how to make key adjustments to your stove in order to get the best performance out of it, including a test that anybody can do with a single dollar bill.
- The Esse Ironheart - The ConstructionWoody Chain shows you the ESSE Ironheart Cookstove and how it is constructed, the convection heating properties of the stove and why it works so well.
- The Esse Ironheart - Cleaning A Wood Cook StoveObadiah's Woodstoves shows you how to properly clean the creosote out of your Ironheart wood cook stove, then demonstrates how to add a gasket to the oven so it will remain air tight.